The personal data that we collect may include information about the way you use our website, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you’re accessing our website from and where you are in the world.
1. What are cookies?
A browser cookie (also known as web cookie, Internet cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer by your web browser while the user is browsing Koelnmesse’s website or when a user opens an e-mail.
- enable the essential site features and value-added support services on our website;
- build an aggregated profile of the visitors on our website;
- improve the performance and usability of our website;
- advertise our promotions, value-added products and services to our customers; and
- establish site behaviour and usage statistics
3. Types of Cookies
Koelnmesse uses 3 broad categories of cookies:
- Strictly Essential Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
3.1 Strictly Essential Cookies
These cookies are necessary for our website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms or giving you support chat services. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our website may not work properly as a result.
The list of Strictly Essential Cookies includes:
- Joomla CMS (All event websites)
- Drupal CMS (KM corporate website)
- Cloudfare (SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 event website)
- Flickr (KM corporate website)
- Sharethis (AOSC and DAMA event websites)
3.2 Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our website.
The list of Performance Cookies includes:
- Google Analytics (All websites)
- HubSpot (EmTech Asia event website)
3.3 Targeting Cookies
These cookies are set through our website by our advertising partners. They may be used by these companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. These cookies work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience targeted advertising and promotion from these companies.
The list of Targeting Cookies includes:
- Facebook (EmTech Asia event website)
- LinkedIn (EmTech Asia & SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 event website)
- Doubleclick.net (EmTech Asia & SIGGRAPH Asia 2018 event website)
- YouTube (EmTech Asia event website)
4. Clickstream Data
A clickstream records which parts of a website you click on when you use it. Koelnmesse may collect clickstream data when you use our website and track referrals from other websites to improve your online experience with us. This data will not be stored as part of your customer record and will only be used to statistical analyses.
5. How to manage or disable cookies in your browser
You may manage your cookie setting in your browser at any time. If you disable all cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies.