Your personal data privacy is important to us and Koelnmesse Pte Ltd ("Koelnmesse") is highly committed in respecting and managing personal data collected through our websites. This includes Koelnmesse's corporate website www.koelnmesse.com.sg as well as all Koelnmesse registered events' websites listed here: http://www.koelnmesse.com.sg/upcoming-events-in-asia (the "Sites").
By using any of Koelnmesse's Sites you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of your Personal Data collected, used and disclosed via the Sites. You acknowledge and agree (on your own behalf and duly authorised on behalf of any third party whose details you supply) that you have been informed of the purpose of the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information, that you agree that it is reasonable. You expressly consent to the use, collection and (where required) disclosure of your Personal Data for any of the below mentioned purposes.
"Personal Data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information to which Koelnmesse has access.
Personal Data does not include any Business Contact Information, which is not covered by the PDPA. "Business Contact Information" means an individual's name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business electronic mail address or business fax number and any other similar information about the individual, not provided by the individual solely for his personal purposes.
The references to Personal Information or information "you" or "your" include references to Personal Data and information about your employees, representatives, agents, directors, officers, or relevant parties whose details you have provided us with, and those of your affiliates and subsidiaries and sub-contractors, and those of any third party whose details you supply to Koelnmesse.
2. What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
Koelnmesse collects the following Personal Data through different channels for example:
- Mailing address
- Email address
We collect your Personal Data
- When you submit to us forms relating to any of our products and services (such as reserving and/or booking an exhibition space or booth package; expressing interest and/or applying to become a sponsor or partner / including media partnerships; indicating interest to participate in one of our conferences as a speaker, panellist, moderator or delegate; registering to attend as a trade or public visitor at one of our trade events or exhibitions; subscribe to our mailing list and/or social network platforms etc.);
- When you respond to any of our marketing promotions; and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
Koelnmesse may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
To send regular e-newsletters (clear instructions are included at the bottom of every e-newsletter for your ease to un-subscribe at any point in time.);
- To handle your products and services requests and enquiries (including payments for our products and services by way of credit card payment or any other method);
- To improve our sites and customer service through your feedback;
- To conduct industry market research;
- To communicate with you on any updates and progress of the subscription / events you signed-up for;
- To manage and execute customer sweepstakes, marketing promotions and contests;
- For recruitment purposes if you apply for a job with us, i.e. to determine your suitability for a job;
- We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including email, telephone, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation;
On occasion, we may use third-party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your data as outlined above.
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Yes, on occasion, we may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under "III. For what purposes do we collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data". You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on our Sites.
We will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
We will cease to retain personal data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of our Sites, we may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website etc.
Koelnmesse implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems.
Your information will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Our websites may contain links to other external websites, such as our business partners.
Please contact us via email@example.com should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data.
Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and / or disclosure is requested.
You can contact our PDPO Mr. Ralph Hendrich, General Manager, Koelnmesse Pte. Ltd. via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are concerned about the handling of your Personal Data, or if you have any complaints or queries related to your Personal Data.
This policy may be updated from time to time. Please refer to the date below in regards to when it was last updated.
(Last updated on 27 June 2016)