The digital event platform is operated by Koelnmesse Pte Ltd, 152 Beach Road, #25-05 Gateway East, 189720, Singapore (hereinafter referred to as “Koelnmesse”).
The digital event platform gives you access to the digital part of the event. For more details about this, please see Section 2.
Using the platform does not give you ownership to any copyrights or industrial property rights.
2. Platform Features
After purchasing/receiving an event ticket or exhibitor pass, you can use the access data provided to enter the digital event platform of the event for which the ticket/pass is valid and, depending on the type of ticket/pass, access the following platform features.
a) Basic features:
- Exhibitors/Products: These contain the profile pages and information of all exhibitors at the event, access to their individual showrooms, details about their contact persons, and a link to their multimedia files. In the showrooms, you will also be able to send meeting requests or express your interest to exhibitors, recommend them to others, and bookmark them.
- Program/Session/Agenda: Information about the event’s speakers and sessions as well as conference content streaming and video on demand.
- Planning: Bookmark interesting companies, sessions, and people.
- Networking: In this area, you will be able to view your connections with exhibitors or participants and find new contacts.
- Communication: Audio/video communication with participants registered on the event’s digital event platform.
- Content: Other information about the event.
- We reserve the right to modify, discontinue, take down, or interrupt the operation of these basic features at any time and without separate notice for any reason, for example to the extent necessary to perform scheduled or unscheduled maintenance work, troubleshooting, or make other changes.
b) Networking feature and settings:
- The networking feature gives users the opportunity to connect and network directly with other attendees registered on the event’s digital event platform. The platform distinguishes between “public participants” and “private participants” in the event. This distinction is relevant in terms of whether and when the respective contact is available to you for networking.
- “Public participants” are (i.) the persons designated by the respective exhibitor and those (ii.) who provide a certain service within the scope of an agreement with Koelnmesse, such as speakers or hosts. These persons are basically available for the networking feature in the context of fulfilling the contract.
- Public attendees also include (iii.) trade attendees who have not disabled the networking feature.
- “Private participants” are all Participants who have disabled the Networking feature. These people, if they have disabled this feature, will be removed from the People directory.
- The networking feature is activated by default. However, you can disable it in your profile at any time as well as activate it again after deactivation itself. For the purpose of using this feature, we will import your contact data from our other systems (e.g. ticket shop or CRM system) into the platform. You can then add or complete this data at any time in the platform.
3. Rules of conduct, user obligations, prohibition of misuse
When using the platform, you agree to abide by the basic principles of “netiquette”. Anyone who violates these principles may be excluded from using the platform.
Furthermore, you agree to only provide complete and correct information in your profile.
You also agree to keep your access data, including passwords, for this platform secret and adequately protect them from unauthorized use. You must inform Koelnmesse immediately if you suspect in any way that there has been any unauthorized disclosure of your access data and/or passwords and/or any unauthorized access.
Moreover, you shall be responsible for ensuring that the content you share on the digital platform (e.g. via links) does not contain any viruses, worms, or Trojan horses. You shall be liable for compensating Koelnmesse for any damages incurred as a result of non-compliance with these obligations due to a fault of your own and shall also release Koelnmesse from any claims brought by third parties, including legal fees.
The misuse of platform features is not permitted. This particularly includes the automated reading of data as well as the automated sending of requests or messages to other platform users. You agree to refrain from doing anything that could jeopardize or disrupt the functioning of the digital platform. It is also prohibited to distribute illegal content, address people in an inappropriate or discriminatory way, or ask them for private information (e.g. gender, age, or place of residence).
It is not permitted to share or disseminate content that violates third-party rights, in particular patent rights, utility model rights, copyrights, trademark rights, design rights, or similar third-party property rights, or other legal regulations, in particular criminal law and youth protection law. Commercial advertising and links to advertising as well as excessively long texts in chat forums are not welcome. In the event of a violation of this, we reserve the right to exclude you from further using the platform.
Koelnmesse makes no guarantees with respect to the availability, reliability, functionality, or suitability of the platform for your purposes. Unless mandatory liability is provided under prevailing Singapore liability laws, standards and regulations, liability shall be excluded due to willful intent, gross negligence, injury to life, limb, or health, assumption of a guarantee of quality, fraudulent concealment of a defect, or breach of essential contractual obligations.
Essential contractual obligations are those obligations whose fulfillment is essential for the proper execution of a contract and the fulfillment of which the contracting parties may regularly rely on.
Damages for breach of essential contractual obligations shall be limited to the foreseeable damage typical for the contract, provided such a breach is not attributed to willful intent or gross negligence.
You may terminate the contract for using the platform, including the networking features, at any time without providing reasons by sending an email to email@example.com.
6. Applicable Law
7. Severability clause
Last amended: August 2021